The CDS Exam is for those who ambition to serve their country and are acutely amorous about abutting the aegis services. It is a accepted access analysis for acceptance into the army, axis and Air Force.
For those of you who accept affection to serve the country and can go to any lengths for the same, applying for the Accepted Defence Service Test, or CDS test, is the best affair to do. This assay is conducted by the UPSC alert a year for application to the army, fleet and air force. Generally, the CDS exams catechism cardboard is apparent as a actual boxy one, so abundant so that it is alike compared to the brand of the IIT exams and CAT in agreement of the akin of intelligence appropriate to able it. It is about conducted in the months of May and October, and is for acceptance into one of the four arch aegis institutions of the country :
(a) Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun
(b) Naval Academy, Goa
(c) Air Force Academy, Begumpet, Hyderabad
(d) Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai
1) For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics and/or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.
2) For IMA /OTA : The candidates charge accept a amount from a accustomed University or equivalent.
3) For Air Force Academy: B.Sc. of a accustomed University or agnate with Physics and/or Mathematics as capacity or Bachelor of Engineering.
1) For IMA: Bachelor macho candidates amid 19-24 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year afterwards the year of examination.
2) For Air Force Academy: Bachelor macho candidates amid 19-23 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year afterwards the year of examination.
3) For Naval Academy: Bachelor macho candidates amid 19-22 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding; the year of examination.
4) For Officers Training Academy: Macho candidates (married or unmarried) amid 19-25 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year afterwards the year of examination.
Selection Procedure :
The assay is captivated at 40 centres beyond the country, and alternative is based on the applicants' account in the afterward stages :
(a) Written Test
(b) Interview and personality test, which is done by the Service Alternative Board. If the applicant is selected, based on the choices accustomed by him/her and his/her arete account ranking, he/she is beatific to one of the four institutes.