RAC, DRDO invites applications for following Scientist posts in DRDO include vacancies to be filled under special recruitment drive for ST :
- Scientist E : 02 posts, Pay Scale : PB-4 Rs. 37400-67000/- & Grade Pay 8700/-, Age : 45 year
- Scientist D : 01 post, Pay Scale : PB-3 Rs. 15600-39100/- & Grade Pay 7600/-, Age : 45 years
- Scientist C : 08 posts, Pay Scale : PB-3 Rs. 15600-39100/- & Grade Pay 6600/-, Age : 35 years
- Scientist B : 18 posts, Pay Scale : PB-3 Rs. 15600-39100/- & Grade Pay 5400/-, Age : 28 years
Application Fee : Application Fee Rs. 50/- to be paid online. No fee is applicable for SC/ ST/ PH/ Woman candidates.
How to Apply: Apply Online at RAC website at http://rac.gov.in from 28/01/2012 to 16/02/2012. Take printout of the system generated application form, past a recent coloured photograph, self attested photocopies of certificates/ experience etc. and a application fee should be sent to Director Recruitment & Assessment Centre, Lucknow Road, Timarpur, Delhi – 110054 in an envelope superscribed with “Application for post of Scientist ‘……’, Advt No. 106, Item No. “____” within 07 days (10 days for Andaman & Nicobar islands and Lakshadweep) of the online submission. Candidates are advised to retain one copy of submitted application with acknowledgement slip.
1. At least first class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology/ Master’s degree in the concerned science subjects/disciplines or Mathematics from a recognised university or equivalent with experience / specialisation as mentioned against each item.
2. At least 10 years Research or Design or Development or Production experience for Scientist ‘E’, 7 years for Scientist ‘D’ and 3 years for Scientist ‘C’ as mentioned against each item in the last column. Weightage for higher qualification to be equated as research experience for lateral recruitment is
as under –
3. Desirable (i) Knowledge of Chinese, French, Russian, German or Japanese foreign language. ME / M Tech in Naval Architecture or Naval Construction for Item No. 1 ME / M Tech in Mechanical / Aeronautical Engg for Item No. 2 ME / M Tech in Manufacturing Technology for Item No. 3 ME / M Tech in Computer Science / Ph D in Computer Vision / Image Processing for Item No. 4
4. ME / M Tech in Computer Science & Engineering for Item No. 5 ME / M Tech in Mechanical Engg for Item No. 6 Ph D in Mathematics with specialization in Algebra / Number Theory/Discrete Mathematics for Item No. 7 ME/ M Tech in Computer Science & Engg for Item No. 8
5. AGE LIMITS (as on closing date of advertisement): (a) (i) For Scientist ‘B’ : Not exceeding 28 years (ii) For Scientist `C’ : Not exceeding 35 years, (iii) For Scientist `D’ and Scientist ‘E’ : Not exceeding 45 years.
6. The upper age limit as on Closing Date (inclusive), The upper age limit as on closing date is relaxable upto 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for Other Backward Communities (OBC) for the posts reserved for them as per orders of Central Govt. issued from time to time. Age is relaxed upto 5 years for Central Govt employees as per rules. Age is also relaxable for Armed Forces personnel/Ex-Servicemen and Short Service Commission Officers as per rules in vogue.
7.In addition to above, the upper age limit is also relaxable by 5 years for persons with disability in respect of identified posts, whether the same are reserved for them or not.
8. The applicants should ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria upto closing date of advertisement. The required experience will be counted after the essential qualifications are obtained. The prescribed Essential Qualifications are bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large, it will not be possible for RAC to interview all the candidates. RAC may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit.
9. The suitability of the applicants will be assessed on the basis of subject knowledge /aptitude for research and personal qualities / strength. Experience at suitable level / professional achievements / management skills will also be considered wherever applicable. The candidates should, therefore, mention all qualifications /experience /achievements/ specialisation in relevant field including those over and above the minimum qualifications.
10. After the interview, in accordance with the merit, the offer of appointment to the selected candidates will be restricted to the number of vacancies and minimum qualifying criteria. The appointment, however, will be subject to completion of formalities like medical examination prescribed for Group ‘A’ technical posts of Government of India with field service liability and character verification besides verification of SC/ST/OBC/PH Certificate, if applicable.
11. Candidates are requested to submit their applications online alongwith the required fee at RAC website http://rac.gov.in . Besides, candidates are requested to download the filled application form and forward the signed copy of the same duly affixed with a coloured passport size photograph, self attested photocopies of certificates of educational qualification, experience, age, caste and disability etc to Director, Recruitment & Assessment Centre, Lucknow Road, Timarpur, Delhi –110054, preferably by registered post, superscribed “Application for post of Scientist ‘……’, Advt No. 106, Item No. “____” within 07 days (10 days for Andaman & Nicobar islands and Lakshadweep) of the online submission. Candidates are advised to retain one copy of submitted application with acknowledgement slip.
12. Application Fee Rs. 50/- (fifty) to be paid online. No fee is applicable for SC/ST/PH/Woman candidates. Fare concession is being given by railways to unemployed youth in second class when travelling to attend interviews for jobs in Central Govt. Deptts. To avail free railway tickets, the candidate is required to submit an attested copy of (i) call/interview letter (ii) a copy of application form to railway authorities. The candidates are advised to utilise this facility given by the railways, as no rail fare will be paid by this office, if the place is connected by rail.
13. Only Indian nationals need to apply. Candidates will have to produce all original certificates for verification at the time of interview.
9. Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected and no correspondence would be entertained in this regard. CANDIDATES WORKING IN GOVERNMENT/PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS, AUTONOMOUS ORGANISATIONS/ARMED FORCES (INCLUDING DEPARTMENTAL CANDIDATES) MUST APPLY THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL. THEY SHALL NOT BE INTERVIEWED IF THEY FAIL TO PRODUCE A “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE” AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW.
14. Candidates desirous of applying for more than one vacancy must apply separately for each vacancy indicating Item No. of the advertisement accompanied by separate requisite fee. Selected candidates have the liability to serve anywhere in India. Number of vacancies are tentative and may vary. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL DISQUALIFY THE CANDIDATE
15. Our e-mail address: Click Here For the EMAIL ID to APPLY
16. Downloaded the filled application form, signed and attached self -attested certificates (ref Para-4). Rightly indicated the item number, subject and the post applied for. Pasted recent coloured passport size photograph. Attached an Indian Postal Order of Rs. 50/- in the favour of Director, RAC (If fee not paid online) if you belong UR/OBC Category(except woman) and retained a photocopy .
17. Attached a requisite caste/disability certificate in case you belong to SC/ST/OBC/PH category. Attached a requisite NOC from the competent authority in case of serving Armed forces personnel and relieving certificate in case of retired Armed forces personnel. Applied through proper channel if already employed as stated in para-10. Kept the photocopy of online filled application form.
Tentative Last Date:10-02-2012
About the organization:
Dr. Prem Shanker Goel, took over as the Chairman RAC on 3rd Dec 2008 . Also, he is President Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), and Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Distinguished Professor (Honorary) at ISRO Headquarters, Bangalore. He did BE (Electrical Engineering) from MBM Engineering College, University of Jodhpur, ME (Applied Electronics and Servomechanism) from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and Ph. D from Bangalore University. After ME in 1970, he joined Satellite Systems Division, Space Science and Technology Centre (Now Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre) Trivandrum and started working on Attitude Control System for satellite RS-1. In 1972, he moved to Bangalore, as part of the Indian Scientific Satellite Project (ISSP) and worked on spin control system of first Indian Satellite ‘Aryabhata’, spin Axis Orientation Control System of Bhaskara I and II, to do remote sensing from spin stabilized satellites. With transformation of ISSP to ISRO Satellite Centre, Dr. Goel led the development of Satellite Attitude control in ISRO and brought many new initiatives, like developing biased momentum 3 Axis attitude control system for first Indian Communication Satellite APPLE, developing zero momentum biased 3 Axis attitude control system for remote sensing series IRS-1A onwards, developing 3-axis attitude control system for highly stable INSAT-2A/2B for communication and Met imaging from Geostationary orbit, ultimately taking over as Director of the ISRO Satellite Centre in 1997. Dr. Goel was instrumental in the development of spot imaging satellite TES with 1 meter resolution in 2001. He led the studies on first Indian Mission to moon, Chandrayaan-1. In 2005, Dr. Goel moved to Delhi as Secretary, Department of Ocean Development and reorganized it into Ministry of Earth Sciences, in mission mode, integrating Atmospheric Sciences and Technology and Seismology into the existing ocean related Science and Technology and was the first Chairman, Earth Commission.