Situated at Greater Noida, GBU is sponsored by the New Okhla Industrial Development Authority (NOIDA) and the Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA) and is supported by Government of Uttar Pradesh.Gautam Buddha University (GBU) invites applications for faculty positions of
Professor/ Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor levels in various disciplines/ subjects :
- Professor in pay scale of Rs.37400-67000 with AGP of Rs. 10500/-
- Associate Professor in pay scale of Rs.37400-67000 with AGP of Rs. 9500/-
- Assistant Professor in the pay scale of Rs.15600-39100 with AGP of Rs. 8000/-
- Research/ Faculty Associateon a consolidate amount of Rs.33000/- (for non Ph. D candidate) and Rs. 35000/- (for Ph. D candidate)
How to Apply : Applications in the prescribed format should be sent to The Registrar, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida – 201310 (UP)
1. The interested candidates should download the format of application form from University website www.gbu.ac.in and send it along with supporting documents in the prescribed format to “The Registrar, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida- 201310 (Uttar Pradesh), India. Latest by 13 January 2012.
2. The number of posts at each level is not fixed as flexible staff structure is adopted by the University. The details of Qualifications, terms, conditions and other relevant information are available on the University Website. Reservation has been made as per the rules of Govt. of Uttar Pradesh.
3.Named after Lord Gautam Buddha, the District Gautam Budh Nagar came into existence on 6/9/97 with effect from Govt. order no 1249/97/82/97. District Gautam Budh Nagar includes Dadri, Noida and Greater Noida from Gaziabad and Tehsil Sikandrabad and part of Khurja from Bulandshahar. The district has four development blocks, 3 administrative tehsils and 16 police stations.
4. The blue meandering lines of Yamuna separates the district form the states of Haryana and Delhi from the west. The district is limited by Ghaziabad district to the north, Bulandshahar district to east and Aligarh district to the south. The proximity to the National Capital makes it all the more important. Spread over areas of 1456 sq. km., Gautam Budh Nagar has been a preferred destination for industrial, administrative and academic developments since its inception.
5. Gautam Budh Nagar is an important industrial district of Uttar Pradesh. The city of Greater Noida has evolved as an epicenter for technical education and industrial proliferation. The city of Greater Noida is India’s first ISO 160001 certified city. The importance of Gautam Budh Nagar and its major industrial areas increase all the more because of its inclusion in the proposed Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor.
6. An International Airport is already being planned near Jewar village of Greater Noida. With its impeccable infrastructure and facilities, the city Greater Noida is gearing up for the 2010 Common Wealth Games.
Tentative Last Date:31-01-2012
About the organization:
Gautam Buddha University, established by the UP Act (9) of 2002, commenced its first academic session at its 511 acres lush green campus at Greater Noida in August 2008. The University is funded by the New Okhla Industrial Development Authority (NOIDA) and the Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNOIDA). The University encourages multidimensional growth through its education and training. The emphasis is laid on inculcating a sense of responsibility in the young minds and inspiring them to harness these skills for developing a dynamic, dependable, and entrepreneurial model for sustainable growth of the society. A tireless quest for knowledge, exploration, and intellectual excellence make us distinct from the rest. The University envisions to become a world class center for excellence in education with a special focus to serve the under privileged, economically challenged and down trodden sections of the society. The academic programmes, designed in line with the best universities around the world, combine the best practices of pedagogy and class room teaching, complemented by practical training and experiential learning. The University is modeled in line with some of the best institutions of higher learning around the world. The uniqueness of its reputation is acknowledged through the format,content and pedagogy of its programmes and their relevance to the society. In order to promote value-based education, research and training, the University has established five schools to begin with: School of Management, School of Information & Communication Technology, School of Biotechnology , School of Humanities & Social Sciences and School of Engineering, School of Law, Justice & Governance,School of Buddhist Studies & Civilization,School of Vocational Studies and Applied Sciences.Globalization has accelerated changes in the world order and consequently has raised new demands in industry and academia as well.