CUJ invites application for the following Faculty Posts in various departments :
1. Professor : 04 posts
2. Associate Professor : 10 posts
3. Assistant Professor : 24 posts
Application Fee : Rs. 1000/- only through cross demand draft drawn in favour of Central University of Jharkhand” Payable at Ranchi. SC/ST/PH Candidates need not pay fee.
How to Apply : Prescribed application form with APIs form filled in, complete in all respect, should reach to the Registrar, Recruitment Cell, Central University of Jharkhand, Ratu- Lohardaga Road, Brambe, Mandar, Ranchi-8352085
1. The Ph.D. Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for the appointment of Professors.
2. The Ph.D. Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for appointment of Associate Professors.
3. The period of time taken by candidates to acquire M.Phil. and/or Ph.D. Degree shall not be considered as teaching/ research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions.
4. Separate application should be submitted for each post.
5. University will not be responsible for any postal delay at any stage.
6. Application incomplete in any respect will not receive any consideration at all.
7. Experience and qualification will be reckoned as on last date of submission of application. Clear quality Xerox copies of all important certificates must be attached with the application
8. Candidates already in service should submit their application through proper channel failing which the application is liable to rejected.
9. Outstation candidates belonging to SC/ST categories called for interview will be paid contribution equivalent to return single second class railway fare towards journey expensed on production of ticket numbers/proof
10. The Number of vacancies indicated in the Employment Notification and this leaflet is tentative. The University reserve the right to increase/decrease the number of posts, at the time of selection.
11. Reservation for SC/STs, OBC and PH for all posts exists as per the guidelines of the UGC/ GOI. Candidates applying for the reserved posts should clearly state to which category they belong. They must also enclose attested Photostat copy of Caste Certificate/ Medical Certificate from the concerned competent authorities. The form of caste certificate to be produced by other backward class candidates must be in the format as prescribed by the Govt. of India. Please visit www.ncbc.nic.in for details. Otherwise, the application will be summarily rejected without further consideration.
12. The prescribed qualifications and experience are minimum and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for interview. More stringent criteria may be applied for shot-listing the candidates to be called for interview. Applicants having higher qualification and merit will be given preference.
13. The statutory provision for relaxing of age, experience etc. prescribed in case of the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories will be made applicable to them.
14. Canvassing in any form on behalf of any candidate will disqualify such candidate.
15. Selection will be made on the basis of candidates’ previous records and their performances in the interview. The University may utilize seminar or colloquium as a method of selection.
16. University reserves the right not to fill up any of the vacancies advertised, if the circumstances so warrant. The University reserves the rights to withdraw and advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of interview may also be filled up from the available candidates. The number of position is thus open to change. The University may relax the qualification/experience and age limit at its discretion at any stage in case of candidates with exceptional merit.
17. New pension scheme in accordance with the O.M.No.1 (13) EV/2001, Govt. of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, dated 15.03.2004, will be applicable with subsequent amendments made or will be made from time to time.
18. In case of any disputes/suites or legal proceedings against the University, the Jurisdiction shall be restricted to the Courts of Ranchi.
19. The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidates has a clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then his services shall be terminated.
20. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidates.
21. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the University shall be final
22. Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the minimum essential qualification laid down in the advertisement.
Tentative Last Date :21-02-2012
About the organization:
The temporary campus of the University is located at Brambe, a 25 kilometer drive from Ranchi City. It is a beautiful campus of green trees and rolling grounds of around 45 acres. We intend to create a vibrant green campus, transforming what we inherit today into a spectacular environment of colour and quality life within a year or so. University Transportation Services complement public conveyance for commuting between the city limits and the campus. The city of Ranchi is the educational hub of Jharkhand with many prestigious schools, colleges and institutions of higher learning like the Ranchi University, Birla Institute of Technology-Mesra, National Institute of Foundry Technology, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Birsa Agricultural University, Indian Institute of Management etc. spread in and around the picturesque capital city. As soon as the State Government of Jharkhand allots land for the permanent campus, work shall start in creating a campus that shall make its students proud, not only at the national level but at the international level as well. However, the location of the permanent campus is not yet known and could be anywhere in Jharkhand. And when the classes are shifted to the new campus, the students too would move out and be a part of history of a University determined to be one of the best in the world.The President of India gave assent to The Central Universities Act, 2009 that envisages establishing and incorporating universities for teaching and research in the various states.The Central University of Jharkhand came into being under this Act on 1st of March, 2009. The Visitor of the Central University of Jharkhand, Her Excellency, Shrimati Pratibha Devisingh Patil, appointed Dr. Darlando T. Khathing, an internationally renowned scientist and a distinguished academic administrator, as its first Vice Chancellor. CUJ’s focus will be on research in cutting-edge technologies. Our vision is to create a world class university in every aspect, be it research, teaching, administration or co-curricular activities, to produce world class students ready to excel in every chosen field with honour and uprightness. Disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in various disciplines Make special provisions for Integrated Courses in: Promote innovations in teaching-learning process and inter-disciplinary studies and research Educate and train manpower for the development of the country Establish linkages with industries for the promotion of science and technology and Pay special attention to the improvement of the social and economic conditions and welfare of the people, their intellectual, academic and cultural development. Students join higher education courses to gain knowledge. At CUJ, we strive hard to turn that knowledge to wisdom in order that society finally gains a useful citizen to guide and mould its destiny. This we plan to do through many compulsory community-based projects, interactions with a wide cross-section of people from within our country and outside it and innovations in the teaching-learning processes.he CUJ is focused on research and innovative teaching-learning processes. The Academic Sessions shall start from the month of June-July every year. The University offers 5-year Integrated Courses that are carefully designed to meet the multidisciplinary needs including Choice-based Credit system (CBCS) across 10 Semesters. In a CBCS, a student enrolling for a Mathematics degree has the choice of taking an optional Paper (for Credits) in, say, Mass Communication.In principle, a student could opt for a credit course from any other Central University, subject to availibility of seats.Marks of candidates coming from the University of Cambridge will be based on the Association of Indian Universities criteria – in calculation of overall average percentage of marks of best 5 subjects, such candidates must include the best 5 A-Level subjects taken. If the number of A Level subjects falls short of 5, the remaining subjects maybe taken from O-Level for aggregating the overall percentage of marks of best 5 subjects.