The World Bank
Job Title : Financial Analyst
Job Family : Treasury
Location : Chennai, India
Duties and Accountabilities :
The TRO Chennai Operations is an integral part of TRO and is responsible for a variety of duties providing vital support across all the 4 operational divisions. The Financial Analyst will have responsibilities for specific individual tasks/projects within the Fixed Income Asset Management business line as well as for working as an integral part of the team in executing TRO’s work program. Selected candidate will be responsible for, under the general guidance and supervision of the Team Leader, some combination of, but not limited to, the following activities :
• Review and monitor daily system-to-system reconciliations and controls reviews, investigate reconciliation differences, perform analysis, post necessary adjustments for resolution of any differences, prepare commentaries on results / findings, and suggest solutions in a pro-active manner;
• Prepare Preliminary and Final Client Trial Balances;
• Prepare detailed analysis of Net Asset Value day-to-day, month-to-month changes at the Company, Portfolio, and Security level;
• Plan and implement new Client, new Accounts, and new Portfolio set-up and testing procedures;
• Prepare and/or review Monthly Investment Income Allocation, Asset Allocation, and Investment Holdings reports;
• Prepare and/or review monthly reconciliations of Investments and Net Asset Value per World Bank’s records to corresponding records of the Custodian;
• Stay abreast and perform and/or assist in research activities related to the application of US GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as they apply to our Investments;
• Assist other team members to ensure that the daily, monthly, quarterly and year-end deliverables and reporting requirements for Treasury’s worldwide clients are properly and promptly met;
• Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of accounting data, systems and reporting deliverables;
• Assist in coordinating with internal and external auditors;
• Effectively communicate with TRO staff and Management both in Chennai and in Washington, D.C. headquarters on the status of all assigned activities;
• Assist in developing and implementing changes to TRO procedures, processes, and standards and help ensure that all business processes in the unit are properly documented and complied with; and
• Participate in various SIP Accounting Missions and Workshops both in Chennai and on-site at various Central Banks World-wide.
Selection Criteria :
1. Masters in Commerce, Accounting Finance or Business with 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience with investment operations.
2. Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including excellent Excel spreadsheet skills including key data manipulation functions as VLookups, Pivot tables, etc. Ability to develop macros and prior knowledge of Bloomberg API functions will be an advantage.
3. Demonstrated ability to learn new technology quickly and effectively for maximum productivity. Knowledge of SAP and/or Summit will be an advantage.
4. Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written.
5. Quick learner with high level of initiative, self-confidence and a self-starter; ability to apply a practical matured approach to problem solving with minimum supervision.
6. Diplomacy and strong interpersonal skills with commitment to work in a respectful, team-oriented, and multi-cultural work environment.
7. Flexibility to overlap with U.S. hours will be required to meet reporting deadlines along with willingness to travel to Washington DC for training and team projects.
8. Highest ethical standards.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
1. The Bank looks for experts with higher academic achievements and/or technical professional credentials including Masters or PhD programs. A successful record of demonstrated performance and results (generally a minimum of five years of relevant experience).
2. Work experience in the private sector is also valued and is viewed as a way of renewing and updating the Bank’s skills base and improving diversity. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills for working in an international and team-based environment.
3. For mid-career professionals, the Bank offers a variety of employment contracts, either open-ended or term, based on the business needs of specific units. Searches are undertaken internationally for jobs that require global outlook and experience and for which staff are expected to be globally mobile. Managers also hire locally when their work programs warrant it.
4. Please read the following instructions carefully and use them as a guide to assist you with the application process. It will take you approximately 15 to 20 minutes to apply. All information required for your online application form is listed and explained below.
5. Please ensure you gather all information before you apply, as you will not be able to save your application as a draft. If you have previously applied for a position at the World Bank Group, data from your first application will be pre-filled into the application form.
6. The World Bank Group receives a very large number of applications every year. In order to manage this volume we can only accept applications for advertised positions, received through our online application form.
7. You must be older than 18 years and not older than 60 years at time of application. Vacancy closing dates are based on EST/EDT (Washington, D.C. time). Applications for a vacancy must be submitted until 23:59 (11:59pm) EST/EDT, on the vacancy closing date.
8. Technical difficulties preventing you from submitting your online application can stem from various causes (poor internet connection, firewalls, file size of attachments, etc.) In most cases, applying again later will resolve the problem. In the unlikely event that the problem persists, contact us through Click Here For the EMAIL ID to APPLY and we will support you in submitting your application.
9. Browse our current vacancies, to find a position of your interest. Click on “Job Title” to view the job description. When you are ready to begin the application process, press the “Apply” button. You will then be redirected to our “Member Center” to register a new account or to log-in.
10. If you have applied to a World Bank position in the past, but not registered through our “Member Center” you need to create a new user. Your user ID associated with our old online application system (before October 7, 2005), has not been transferred and will not work.
11. On the following screen you will be asked a few questions about yourself. This is not part of your application; it is used to create your World Bank Member Center account only. However, we will use the email address you enter as your user name for all electronic communication with you. If you need to change your email address at a later stage, please sign in to the Member Center and chose “Update your account”.
12. On this screen you will be asked to review the information you provided and to submit your online-application. Hiring managers will have access to applications immediately upon submittal. Therefore, once your application is submitted, you will only be able to modify contact information.
13. After you press the submit button, the system will check for any missing mandatory data and take you to the respective screen to complete the information. After you completed the missing information, you can go back directly to the “Submit Application” screen by using the circled numbers on top of the screen.
14. The system will confirm the receipt of your online application. You will also be sent an email within 24 hours acknowledging successful submission of your application.
15. At the end of the process you will have the opportunity to print a summary of your application. Please note that if you attached a CV file to your application, you will see this in the summary. However, you will not be able to open the file at this point.